Built for Paul de St. Julien in 1716 in Berkley County, South Carolina, the Hanover House was reconstructed on the Clemson University campus in 1941. It was relocated to the South Carolina Botanical Garden site in 1994. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is managed by Clemson University’s Historic Properties department.
The Hanover House is open Saturdays, 10am–12pm and 1–4:30pm, and Sundays 2–4:30pm. It is often open on Wednesdays 11am–12pm and 1–4pm, but please call the Hanover House (864-656-2241) first to confirm. Closed University holidays. Additional hours by appointment.
An admission donation of $5 for adults, $4 for senior citizens and $2 for children is suggested. School and tour groups by reservation only. Call the Clemson University Visitors Center at (864) 656-4789 to schedule a group tour.
Source: Clemson University
150 Garden Trail
Clemson, SC 29634
Phone: (864) 656-2241