The Town of Pendleton was founded in 1790 when Andrew Pickens, a Revolutionary War general, established the Pendleton District of South Carolina. Today, this former district is represented by Anderson, Pickens and Oconee Counties. During the 1800s, Pendleton was the seat of this district due to the town’s central location.
In 1970, the town was added to the National Register of Historic Places as many of the original structures adjacent to the town square have been preserved and continue to be used today, such as Farmers Hall and Hunter’s Store.
Phone: (864) 646-9409